READING BENCHMARK ON FEBRUARY 14. PLEASE MAKE ALL EFFORTS TO BE AT SCHOOL!
New vocabulary words are HERE.
Hw: Finish “Sailing to New Horizons” reading passage (due Wednesday) and read Genius Hour topic for 20 minutes.
- Hand out new vocabulary words (vocabulary test on 2/9)
- Introduce debate “Finders/Keepers”
- Discuss and define 5 vocabulary words from our debate
Hw: Read 20 minutes (Genius Hour Topic) **”Sailing to New Horizons” reading passage due TOMORROW!
- Take up hw (reading passage) & pass out new reading passage
- Read letters from debate and decide which side you’re on
- Discuss the claim, counterclaim, and rebuttals in each letter
Hw: Complete reading passage “Tomato Harvest/A Run to Remember” paired passage & study vocabulary
- Complete “Tone” & “Scavenger Hunt” in partners
- Discuss last week’s hw
Hw:Complete reading passage “Tomato Harvest/A Run to Remember” paired passage & study vocabulary
Friday- Mrs. Lobue will be at a workshop; a sub will be in my room
- Read “Ruby Bridges: Girl of Courage”
- Complete the main idea and supporting details activity (give textual evidence)
- Ruby Bridges Flocabulary video & quiz