- Hand out new vocabulary (test on Wednesday 10/17)
Click HERE to practice vocabulary with flashcards and games.
- Figurative Language in popular songs (group and individual activity)
HW: Study vocabulary words and complete figurative language homework (students had to find 4 examples of figurative language in their fiction novel)
- Flocabulary’s What is Poetry? video
- Poetry task cards
HW:Study vocabulary words and complete figurative language homework
Wednesday- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE HOMEWORK DUE!
- Out of My Mind
- Read The Legend of the Bluebonnet (discuss literary elements)
HW: Read 20 minutes and complete the assigned lists in vocabulary.com (this will be a grade)
- Discuss examples of figurative language in fiction books)
- Read Pink and Say (discuss literary elements)
HW: Read 20 minutes and vocabulary.com (this will be a grade)
- Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Read The Dot
- Discuss 2 themes from The Dot (Make your mark and see where you go and Make each day a masterpiece)
HW: Have a great weekend!