THIRD NINE WEEKS BEGINS!
- Hand out graded reading logs and non-fiction task card grades (discuss)
- Introduce Genius Hour and Passion Projects
What is Genius Hour? You Get to Have Your Own Genius Hour! Ideas for Genius Hour
- Students will fill in a Google Form, which will give them ideas of interest to study (this form will be brought home so parents can help guide their child into a topic of study)
Hw: Be thinking of something you’re passionate about – something you’d like to create, solve, design, build, and learn more about (use the “idea list” to help you) and get PassionProject Introduction Letter signed
- Discuss reading hw (maps, charts, timelines, etc.)
- We will watch a couple of videos that answer the question “Why have Genius Hour?”
- Discuss various ways students can present their information, experiment, design, model, book, tri-board, poster, etc.